Care24 is looking for trained and reliable LPNs to care for patients suffering and recovering from injuries and illnesses. LPN will work under the supervision of a registered nurse or NP. LPN professionals must be qualified and compassionate individuals as they will be providing care and comfort to invalids. The work requires patience, diligence and a calm, empathetic person.
LPNs must be able to:
- Record a patient’s history accurately.
- Take and record vitals of patients such as blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and pulse rate.
- Observe patients under treatment and record any changes and progress.
- Observe and keep record of reactions and side effects to medications, if any.
- Constant monitoring of patient’s condition, including fluid intake and output.
- Make patients charts and keep them updated.
- Assist patient in activities such as medication, IV therapy and insulin administration.
- Administer injections and prescribed medications.
- Clean and dress wounds and assist with basic medical care tasks.
- Communicate effectively with the patient’s family, friends and caregivers to provide advice on aftercare, comfort and instructions on release.
The candidate must have:
- Completion of LPN license program.
- Experience as LPN or in a similar role for at least one year in the home care industry.
- Be able to take on a wide range of care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Strict adherence with state and federal health, safety, sanitation and hygiene standards and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of confidentiality agreements and obligations and nursing practices.
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology and practices.
- Familiarity with MS Office and data entry.
- An experience of handling stressful and high pressure situations.
- Compassion and empathy.