Care24 is looking for CNAs to provide basic care and assistance to patients with daily activities. The candidate will be in charge helping them with feeding, bathing, dressing, walking and light exercise along with personal hygiene.
CNAs will also be required to work with health information and medical record charting software. Based on the assistant’s training, experience and state regulations, he/she will may have to administer medications as well.
CNAs will be required to:
- Bathe and dress patients.
- Serve meals and assist patients during mealtime.
- Take vitals such as blood pressure, temperature and pulse.
- Reposition bedridden patients.
- Collect information about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers, nurses and doctors.
- Empty bedpans and replace them with clean ones.
- Lift patients into beds, wheelchairs and exam tables.
- Examine and observe patients for bruises, injuries and other wounds, as well as check urine for blood.
- Clean and sanitize patient areas to the required standards and rules.
- Change bed sheets and restock rooms with the necessary supplies.
CNAs must have:
- State Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
- Current CPR (American Heart Association)
- Nursing degree from CAN program.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the home care industry.
- The ability to think independently and on their feet as they will often be working in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work successfully with teams and follow direction.
- High school graduate or an equivalent with the current certification of a nursing assistant.
- Familiarity with using computers.
- Excellent personal hygiene.